Monday, May 7, 2007

Day 3

Monday was an eventful day for both my wallet and my aching feet. We went shopping at Port Lucaya Marketplace. To get there we took the ferry (could have taken a taxi, but that would be more expensive), which cost $5 each round trip. And then we discovered (a little too late) that my aunt, who owns a timeshare, could buy tickets for $2.50 each round trip. Well I should say it was too late for me (vacation mentality) but not for the fam because they were ready for running all the way back to the hotel to make it back just in time before the ferry left.

So a long day of shopping and a couple of us getting our hair braided (at $30 this was triple what I paid in Rocky Point) later I had spent $75 and was ready to go lay on the beach. We got back and actually did more than just lay on the beach; we swam in the ocean too. The water is warmer than usual and this was near sundown. I got some really cute pictures of my cousins enjoying sand and surf so I was very happy. We stayed away from the grotto bar this day but the yummy drinks were not so soon forgotten.

1 comment:

Me said...

Not bad, an extra $2.50 for piece of mind!